1.02.2010

Eating At The Table Is Bad

My family is super laid back. So much so that we eat all of our meals by ourselves whenever we want, wherever we want. Which is often in the living room in front of the television. I don't know about most other households, but I have a feeling that this is a pretty common way of observing meal time.

Last night we sat at the table together. It will probably be the only time in 2010 that it will happen, mostly because my brother and I no longer live at home. Times when the entire family is together is becoming more and more rare. Though eating together at the table was fun and enjoyable, it isn't so great for the waist line. When the food is right in front of me, I tend to eat a lot more. I just kept loading up my plate, unable to resist the gravitational pull of another scoop of goodness. I'm in need of working on self-control.

After dinner we watched my brother play a video game. Sounds thrilling, I know. But seriously, it was. It's called Uncharted and if you ever watch the game in progress you will swear you're watching a movie. It has amazing graphics and the best story line I've ever seen in a video game. Or maybe we're all just super dorks.

We also watched 500 Days of Summer. It was super weird but had an awesome soundtrack. I will probably never watch it again.

First day without a soft drink. Mild headache. Not tempted even once. Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment