6.22.2010

New Home

I'm almost completely moved in to my new apartment in Louisville. Can I just say that God has been so very good to me? I went to Italy somewhat worried about how I would return to Louisville: finding a place to live, finding a job, being out of touch with friends, and on and on. I'm sort of a worrier. I know it's dumb. But now I'm back in Louisville in the perfect apartment for me, with a job, and with friends who haven't forgotten about me. I think the most important thing I learned while in Italy is that I really can trust God with my entire life. He really is faithful to take care of me. It seems like such an obvious thing but I am so thankful for how He has provided for me this year. Sooo many God-things in my life.

I'm still feeling pretty weird. It is overwhelming to be with a group of Americans. I didn't think it would affect me at all, but I'm afraid that I've lost my personality somehow in all of this. It could just be my perception, but I feel like I'm really quiet and withdrawn. I totally check out of conversations. I hate it but there is so much happening with my friends that I just can't relate with because I haven't been here. And vice versa, they have no idea what my life was like for the past five months. I guess it will just take time for things to feel normal again.

Anybody reading this who has dealt with re-entry before...got any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment