4.17.2010

Cooking With Kala | Pasta Cavolfiore

First and foremost, I'm not a real cook. I'm a baker. I make cupcakes. But, I'm in Italy. So, it only makes sense for me to learn how to cook some Italian dishes. This was a group effort between myself, Ellie, and Cortney. But I thought it turned out real nice. It is very Neapolitan.

Pasta Cavolfiore (Cauliflower Pasta)
-Cortney's Recipe, as interpreted by me

Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves
1 thing-a-ma-bob of cauliflower
1 bag of pasta
some white cheese (I think we used about a cup)
salt
pepper
quite a bit of water

1. Chop 2 cloves of garlic. Cook it down a little in olive oil. You're going to want a big enough pot for pasta. 
2. Rinse & chop cauliflower. 
3. Add the cauliflower to the garlic and sauté. 
4. Add a whole lot of water. If it looks like you have too much, don't worry about it. You're going to cook the pasta in this junk. So it's okay. 
5. Also, don't let the garlic burn. Just don't. 
6. Then you want to cover the pan and let it boil for a while. You're going to want it to basically be mush. Check it often. Stir it. Make sure the water doesn't get too low. 
7. While it is boiling, shred some cheese. White cheese. Whatever you prefer. 
8. After it is nice and mushy, add some salt and pepper. 
9. Then add in a bag of pasta. 
10. Now, it is time to put down Twilight and get to some serious work. You're going to need to stir the pasta until it is cooked, otherwise it will stick to the bottom of the pan and burn and be disgusting. So stir, stir, stir. And you may need to add more water as you go. Make sure there is enough liquid in there to cook the pasta. 
11. After the pasta has cooked, turn off the heat and add in the cheese. Let that junk melt. 


And.....done. 

It tasted real nice.

2 comments:

  1. I guess this proves again that to cook Italian you just need to cook the mess out of it and add pasta! I tell you we should write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds so good! thanks for sharing :) i do miss you and your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete