2.12.2010

S.A.D.


My favorite day ever is this weekend. Yep, that my friend is what one would call sarcasm. Valentine’s Day, also known as Single Awareness Day, is on the horizon. And how am I spending Valentine’s Day this year? In the land of lovers known as Italy. Seriously, I’m almost positive that everyone in Naples is in love and they often show everyone in public just how much they love each other with their very public displays of affection. Ew gross. But, such is life.

I could let this day pass by like any other. I could sulk all day and eat lots of chocolate. I could stir up some bitterness in my heart. OR…I could not make Valentine’s Day into a big deal, but still take away a valuable lesson from it.

Everyone has a desire to be loved. Well, I’d say that is a fair assumption to make. It probably looks different for every person. But we as humans were created to be relational, especially with our Creator. If you read the Bible in the book of Genesis, God is very intentional in creating man and he creates us to live relationally with Him. Now because of sin this is often not what happens, but through Christ that relationship is possible.

So on Valentine’s day and all the other days of the year, I’m going to search out those people who are desiring to be loved. Not so that I can give them a candy heart or a box of chocolates, but so that I can share with them the words of life, the good news of Christ. 


Me and my Valentine this year: Mt. Vesuvius. 

1 comment:

  1. It's also my birthday, so...you could just think of it as the day that Jules gets one year closer to FIFTY!

    ReplyDelete